The famous stoop of note was a great addition to my list of adventures. If adventures could be expressed in terms of physical size, the famous Sesame Street stoop was the size of Big Ole. I felt like I was standing on a celebrity for a few days! Everything was a-okay, the air was sweet, and this was also where all the friendly neighbors would meet, but when it came to quenching my thirst the options weren't as, shall we say, colorful. After sharing my travel stories with everyone during story hour, Bert asked if there was anything I wanted to drink. He said, "You must be thirsty after all of that walking." I asked if anyone wouldn't mind sharing their Apfelkorn. All of the friendly neighbors sort of gasped. Then Oscar the Grouch spoke up and said, "This story is brought to you by the letter N. N is for the word no, as in no alcohol on Sesame Street." Oscar lives right next door to this incredible stoop, so I decided that this stoop wasn't right for me a while ago. He's an unpleasant fellow. I decided to leave just a little sooner after his most recent story, though.Once again I found myself walking around in St. Paul. It was a dreary day, but I was still enjoying the excitement from finding a famous stoop to stand on. This gnome had a spring in his step despite the drizzly day! I held my chin up, looking forward to what I would discover next and there in the distance was something amazing. The sign said, The Happy Gnome! I went inside and discovered that this place was a gnome hostel for traveling gnomes to rest their pointy caps for a spell. I made many friends here and I even had a reunion with the fellow I met at Glockenspiel! He was visiting from just a few blocks away. All of the gnomes there welcomed me with a drink called a Gnomosa!
This gnome was a garden gnome who decided to grow his own plants to guard. "I think my plan backfired," he said. "My plant has gotten too big for me to travel with!"
Another gnome I talked to had a backpack full of tomatoes to keep his belly full along his travels. "You should get a backpack, too. That way you don't have to worry if there will be any food where you decide to take a break." I told him this was my first adventure out and I was happy for his great advice.
The gnome on the fireplace mantel was as warm as his station. He was funny, too. "I don't understand you outside gnomes," he said. "I don't know why you would guard a stoop or a garden when there are nice warm mantels to guard." I told him that I've been trying out all kinds of options and he laughed until tears came out of his eyes when I said I even tried a turtle shell. "Well, you're welcome to try guarding a mantel if you want."
No comments:
Post a Comment