The caves were certainly an adventure, but they are too lonely! Not one single gnome crossed my path. Not one single anything came through the caves, in fact. But I gave it a try and that's what counts. I continued on my way, thanking the pigs for such a great visit before I left.I decided it was time to meander again. I couldn't possibly find anything better than caves and camels on my straight-line-east route! I meandered so much that I'm not sure how I wound up on a such a strange path. It felt like I was indoors! That is, if I'm remembering the indoors correctly. It was so long ago after all. I kept following different paths until I saw a strange pair of stoops! I immediately hopped up on one; it seemed like ages since I've been on a stoop. But this didn't feel quite right. I stood for a few more minutes and studied these stoops and realized they were steps for sure, but they lead up to chairs!
Not much further down the hallway I saw tall pointy hats! "Hello! Hello!" I shouted down the lonely hallway. I was excited to find some company. The hats were still, so I thought the gnomes up ahead stopped to wait for me. When I did reach the gnomes, I realized I had been fooled again! Silly me!
"This certainly is a strange path," I said out loud to myself. "I must be getting lonely if I'm starting to see gnomes that really aren't gnomes again."
A few moments later I came to an enormous window and saw such a surprise. It was snowing! I was definitely indoors. It looked much more fun to be out in the snow so I looked and looked for a door. I was so excited when I finally set my stone under my boots in the snow! It was getting pretty deep, too! I saw a tall hill and decided to climb it so I could see what direction I should go next. When I got to the top I looked all around until I saw a warm, welcoming glow that I knew would take me no time at all to get to. I slid down the hill and steered with my hatchet around a large boulder of ice.
The snowflakes felt refreshing on my face and I put my nose up in the air to catch as many as snowflakes as I could in my beard. When brought my nose back down to see where I was going I got such a start! Gnomes were buried in the snow!
I ran as fast as I could to rescue them. Who knows how long they had been under all that snow! Good thing we have such tall, bright hats. I wouldn't have seen them otherwise!
When I got closer I saw that once again my imagination got the best of me. I stood for a moment to catch my breath and then noticed the warming glow I was walking toward was just across the street!
I heard a couple of hellos and noticed there were bears and deer waving to me to come over. "Hello!" I shouted as I crossed the street to meet them.
"Don't you love the snow?" The bears asked.
"I like when the snow covers my back!" said one bear.
"I like to eat the snow," said the deer.
I told them that I liked when the snow covers my beard. "It's refreshing when it falls on your face, too!" I added, and all of the animals nodded in agreement.
1 comment:
hey gnome. you're famous. 10000takes discovered you.
Post a Comment