Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Fever

It is so nice to be home again on my perfect little stoop at Aaron's house. I've been enjoying seeing the seasons change from winter to spring! It seems like I've been waiting for ever to smell fresh cut grass and all of the colorful flowers, and now they have arrived!

Along with all of the lovely smells of spring, something else was in the air today and it made my belly rumble! It was enough to get me to leave my perfect little stoop -- but just for a little while. I hopped down and began letting my nose lead the way. At some points during my trip I was distracted by the refreshing smell of rain and those nice purple lilacs. Soon though, I had reached my destination. The yummy smell was coming from a place called Pannekoeken Huis!

I'm looking for a place to sit.



I wasn't sure what this restaurant was, but as soon as I saw the giant windmill on the menu, I new this was the place for me. I smelled butter and syrup!

I looked at the menu for a while but just couldn't decide between anything! So I ended up ordering a couple of things -- a Pannekoeken, which is like a pancake, and some potato pancakes with applesauce. My belly was still full by the time I got back to Aaron's stoop this evening, and shortly thereafter the chirping birds lulled me to sleep.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

LOL. I didn't even see you leave! You were on the front porch this morning, you were on the front porch when I got home.... you sneaky devil, you.... LOL man, yum food.