
I reminisced about all of my amazing adventures while I enjoyed my Apfelkorn at the Black Forest Inn. I can't believe all of the sights I've seen and how many new friends I've made in just only a few weeks! Then my thoughts turned to the changing weather, how it's getting a little colder each day, and about Moose and Bear living in the woods. The wild berries we've all been sharing are already getting scarce. It's not like Moose and Bear can just walk into a restaurant as easily as I can. If I had a backpack to fill with supplies I won't have to take berries from a less fortunate creature! I also won't have to worry about if there will be food where I decide to take breaks.
I think Pack Gnome weaved his own basket pack. I'm afraid I do not have the required dexterousness to weave a basket. I'm better at chopping things.
Thinking about this got me excited to get on my way again. I wandered for quite a while after leaving The Black Forest and hadn't run in to even one other creature along my way. It was exhilarating to rely on my skills alone! It seems I've been honing my wandering skills ever since that first night my stone under my boots left Aaron's stoop, but today was the first chance I've had to put them to the test. My list of experiences sure keeps growing.
I went with my instincts and kept my chin up. And after just a little while longer, I saw a yellow glow in the sky and decided I should see what it was. The closer I got the better I could see what I was walking toward. Well, I could tell that it was a big blue building anyway; I didn't, however, know what an IKEA was. It seemed friendly enough anyway, so I decided to find out exactly what this IKEA was.
It turns out that IKEA was exactly what I needed! What a testament to my growing wandering skills! Upon entering, I saw the food area first and was excited to see such bright, shiny options! Gnome-sized delicacies like little cookies and boxes of Lingonberry juice. Oh! And Elderflower juice! Then I smelled meatballs. I remembered smelling them in Engebretson's, but had the lutefisk instead. Now was my chance to try meatballs! I couldn't resist; I ate an entire plate of them. Meatballs are delicious and a perfect sized food for a gnome.
I found myself getting distracted looking at all of the food and decided to find a pack before I continue in the food store. I must find a pack to put some of these goodies in for the rest of my travels!
So this little gnome went for a walk in the big IKEA building. I continued past bright little rooms filled with bright-colored objects. I walked past big beds, medium beds, and little beds. When soon I found a room with many different bins brimming over with packs! I went over to the first bin and pulled out a pack the color of my shirt. "This pack is much too big," I said as I began to climb my way out. I went to another bin. I pulled out a pack that my hatchet wouldn't even fit in. "This pack is much, much too small," I said. When I finally pulled my hand out of the small handle, I became distracted by a beautiful red pack in the next bin. I tried on this red pack; it was red just like my hat. "This one is just right," I said, smiling. Then I walked quickly back to the food store and filled my new pack with delicious goodies to keep my belly full and warm for the rest of the adventures I was sure to have very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment